| || |
| || |
| || |
| Development / Install & Setup |
Centurion Setup - 18.0
Centurion Setup builds a professional software installer for Windows in a self-contained, compressed executable. Supports multiple languages, interface customization, DLL installation, patching, password protection, and more.
| || |
| || |
| || |
|Rating: || |
|Current Version: ||18.0 |
|Release Date: ||Mar 23, 2009 |
|License: ||Shareware |
|Price: ||$45 |
|Downloads: ||92 || |
| Software Description: |
Ready to distribute your software masterpiece? Don't wrestle for weeks with a complicated installation builder. Spend just a few minutes with Centurion Setup, and it will build a professional software installer for Windows in a self-contained, compressed executable. It supports multiple languages, interface customization, DLL installation, patching, password protection, and much more.
Centurion Setup creates executable installation programs that are self-contained in a single file. A single file is easily downloaded, requires no software such as WinZip to decompress, and ensures that all installation files are present.
The installer's overhead is only 440 KB and the compression engine achieves a very high compression ratio. You will be amazed at how small Centurion Setup can make the installer.
Centurion Setup can optionally provide support for uninstalling the product. The user will be able to uninstall the product by one of the following methods:
* The "Add/Remove Programs" option in Control Panel.
* A Start Menu shortcut (optional).
* A Desktop shortcut (optional).
Multilingualism and Interface Customization
The installer is capable of presenting the user interface in English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, and Afrikaans. All strings that are displayed in the user interface can be edited. Entire languages can be added.
Shared File Support
The installer can install operating system DLL's (such as those required by Visual Basic). If a DLL is currently in use, the user will be instructed to reboot the computer to complete the installation. Version and date checking is performed on DLL's according to Microsoft guidelines.
The installer can install reference counted shared files in a company directory. Shared files can be used by multiple applications, and are only replaced by more recently dated files. Only when uninstalling the last program using a shared file will the file be uninstalled.
DOS Batch Support
To satisfy special needs, a batch of MS-DOS commands can be executed before and after both installation and uninstallation. Another batch can be run after the installer exits, perhaps to launch a custom configuration program. Batches of DOS commands can be used to execute, copy, move, rename, and delete files. A full set of environment variables are automatically assigned to assist you. These variables contain the location of the installer/uninstaller, the installation directory, and the location of certain Operating System directories.
Multiple Disk Support
Centurion Setup can create installers that span multiple disks. You can choose from several standard media sizes, or specify any arbitrary capacity. Centurion Setup uses compression and every last byte of the media to ensure that the minimum number of disks are required.
Once the installer is built, Centurion Setup can copy it to the media, verifying that all files were copied perfectly. During installation, if each file in the spanned installer is present in the same directory, the user will not be unnecessarily prompted to insert disks.
The installer can install an association between a file type and one of your programs, like the way .TXT files are associated with Notepad. Once the file type is associated, the user can double click on any file of that type to launch your program. Or, the user can right click on the associated file for a menu of options.
If there happens to be an existing association for the file type, the installer will create a backup that is restored by the uninstaller. Also, you are permitted to install context options for a common file type, such as .TXT files.
* Centurion Setup and the installers that it creates run on all versions of Windows® 95, 98, NT4, 2000, ME, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, and 7.
* Installers created by Centurion Setup may be distributed completely royalty-free.
* A Centurion Setup installer is bullet-proof and extremely reliable. You will never get a complaint from a customer that the installation program has crashed.
* Learning how to use Centurion Setup is a snap. A complete help file is provided, and every control is linked directly to the appropriate spot within the help file. Each control also has balloon help and a context menu.
* Files can be added to the installer by dragging and dropping from Windows Explorer. Or simply specify a directory that contains an image of the installation. Or, enter a list of files (wildcards permitted).
* If any file cannot be replaced (usually because it is in use), the installer can direct the system to replace the file during the next reboot. The end-user will be informed that they need to reboot to complete the installation.
* COM files can be installed and registered with the operating system. This includes ActiveX controls and .TLB type libraries.
* Centurion Setup's installers can be digitally signed. Uncheck the "Use Checksums" box on the Build branch so that the installer will not report that it has been damaged.
* The end-user can be forced to agree to an End-User License Agreement (EULA) before installing.
* The end-user can be shown a "readme" file before installing.
* The end-user is informed when the product is already installed, and if the pre-existing installation is newer, older, or the same version. The end-user can be forced to uninstall a previous installation first. It can also be made mandatory that another product be installed first.
* The installer can install to a default location or ask the end-user where the files should be installed.
* The installer can create Desktop and/or Start Menu shortcuts to any installed file. Desktop shortcuts can optionally be placed in a folder. Desktop and Start Menu shortcuts can optionally be made available to all users or only the user who installed the product.
* The installer can set up a file to be opened (or a program to be executed) every time the machine boots up.
* The installer can create a registry key for the application under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Registry keys are deleted during uninstallation.
* The installer can display a bitmap in the background, a transition from one color to another, or use the default window colors of the end-user. The background can optionally cover the taskbar, or leave it visible. There can even be no background at all.
* After the installer is built, it can be automatically placed in a .ZIP file.
* The installer can require the end-user to enter a password before installation can begin.
* The installer can be bloated (with random data) to any size to help discourage piracy.
* The installer can refuse to install on certain platforms, such as Windows 95.
* Fonts can be installed and registered with the Operating System so that they are available to all applications. The end-user can be given the option to keep the font during uninstallation.
* The date and time of installed files are preserved. File attributes (read-only, hidden, etc.) can optionally be preserved.
* Installers can be set to expire after a certain date. After the expiration date, the installer will no longer install.
* 64-bit applications are supported.
* The installer can warn or refuse to install if the user does not have administrator rights.
* The installer can loosen the security settings of the product's directory so that all users will have rights to use it.
* The installer verifies its intergrity to ensure that it has not been damaged, altered, or infected by viruses.
* The installer can delete existing files based on date or size criteria. This can be useful when installing over old versions of your software.
* Installers can be built from the command line (DOS prompt). This allows you to create a desktop shortcut that will build an installer with a click of the mouse.
* When the user is unable to uninstall because of a locked file or other problem, the uninstall operation can be resumed later.
|Software Requirements: |
| none |
|This software is designed to run on the following operating systems: |
| Windows 2000, Windows, Windows 2003, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Vista, Windows XP |
|Centurion Setup Keywords: |
| Setup, Installer, Installation, Self-extracting, Software Installer, Software Setup, Installation Builder |
|Download Links of Centurion Setup 18.0: |
|Feedback Summary: || Show All Feedback (0) |
|Centurion Setup related software |
|Title / Version / Description ||Size ||License ||Price |
|Setup Installation Builder 220.127.116.11||9.3 MB||Shareware ||$99 |
|Setup installation builder software allows users to add entire registry value including sub key name, root key, sub key value, registry type etc during exe setup creation. Compact setup generator utility is helpful for all software developers who have to allocate their developed programs from one system to another without any hindrance. Setup maker application includes the most comprehensive infrastructure for multilingual installation support...|
|Setup Package Installer 18.104.22.168||9.3 MB||Shareware ||$99 |
|Setup package installer application creates executable installation wizard of windows program without changing software functionality and data file integrity. Advanced setup creator tool generates program setup self extracting file by adding company name, version, setup name, desktop icon, copyright text, start menu icon, installation folder path and license agreement. Setup generator program includes multiple application files into single...|
|Install Wizard Creator Software 22.214.171.124||9.3 MB||Shareware ||$99 |
|Windows Setup installer software combines all programs and data into a single self extracting installation file that helps in distributing and deploying windows application among multiple users. Setup installation software is an extensible solution to create setup package in few minutes without using any special skills. Cost-effective Setup maker tool allows have to create desktop icons, place items in the Windows start menu, a file to be run...|
|Self-Extracting Archive Utility 16.0||3.9 MB||Shareware ||$49.99 |
|You worked long and hard on your software, and now it's time to distribute it. Don't spend weeks wrestling with a complicated installation builder when you are so close to being done. Self-Extracting Archive Utility (SEAU) is extremely easy to use, and you can have a professional installation program built in minutes. The installer is self-contained in a single compressed executable file, and runs on all of the 32-bit Windows platforms (9x,...|
|1Lock 1.4||839.8 KB||Shareware ||$19.95 |
|Encrypt files for burning on a CD, or for download, or add a serial number to your own setup program. Strong encryption. 1Lock operates in 3 modes: Encrypted CD, single self-extracting setup, and as a front-end for your own setup program. Language support for languages other than English. Features: -AES (Rijndael) 256 bit encryption -Customized graphics and text for setup program -Language support for languages other than English...|
|Other popular software in this category |
|Title / Version / Description ||Size ||License ||Price |
|Ini 1.2||291.3 KB||Freeware || |
|Windows *.ini file verifier, tidier and sorter. Tidies and sorts windows *.ini files, ones that look like this: [section] ; a comment item=value; To use: java.exe -jar ini.jar C:\somedir\somefile.ini UTF-8 Where UTF-8 in the encoding. Opera uses UTF-8. You can leave it to the default for most others. The original is named somefile.ini.old when you are done. Don't run ini more than once on the same ini file or you will...|
|MSI to EXE Setup Converter 126.96.36.199||902.0 KB||Shareware ||2956INR |
|MSI to EXE creator software is an affordable utility that can quickly convert your Microsoft installer files (.msi) into executable (.exe) files. MSI converter program can easily create .EXE file from previously existing Microsoft .NET MSI installation package in a single mouse click. MSI to EXE setup maker ensures the creation of EXE installer just by selecting the path folder of your MSI installation package. Once you have selected the MSI...|
|Auto Installer 1.3||3.8 MB||Freeware || |
|Auto Installer is great for installations! It is simple and easy to use yet very customizeable. You can incorporate background images, sound, and launch up to 3 applications afterwards plus a whole lot more!|
|MSI to EXE Setup Creator 188.8.131.52||860.0 KB||Shareware ||2345INR |
|EXE setup creator software can create executable files from previously existing .msi installation package to release your software product in .exe file format. MSI to EXE application installer converter tool is effective and efficient utility can rapidly create .exe setup from .NET framework (.MSI) installer files. You can easily create EXE setup using MSI installation package with or without having knowledge. Professional setup converter...|
|Create MSI TO EXE Setup 184.108.40.206||902.0 KB||Shareware ||3160INR |
|MSI to EXE setup file format builder tool converts Microsoft Visual Studio .NET framework MSI installation file into EXE file format. MSI to EXE setup file changer utility is the best alternative for all complicated and expensive setup creator software available in the market. MSI to EXE installation package maker program is economical but powerful tool, converts existing .msi setup file into .exe format in just a single click. Secure setup...|| |
| || |
|All software information on this site, is solely based on what our users submit. Download32.com disclaims that any right and responsibility for the information go to the user who submit the software, games, drivers. Some software may not have details explanation or their price, program version updated. You should contact the provider/actual author of the software for any questions. There are also user reviews/comments posted about various software downloads, please contact us if you believe someone has posted copyrighted information contained on this web site. Copyright © 1996-2013 Download 32.|